Mobile Home Insurance That Fits Your Needs
Mobile home insurance covers a mobile home and adjoining structures from most types of loss. Most coverage options are generally available for rental mobile homes, commercial mobile homes, seasonal mobile homes, or a mobile home located in a park or on private property.
- Physical damage coverage is offered for a wide array of risks, including but not limited to fire, windstorm damage, damage from falling objects, lightning, explosion, and more.
- Personal liability coverage protects you when there is a claim against you after someone is injured or their property is damaged because of your activities.
- Peril policies offer basic insurance coverage for specific causes of loss. Your mobile home will be covered against the policy’s named perils, but you will be responsible for the unnamed perils.
Important To Note: A standard mobile home policy will typically not cover your mobile home while it is in transit.
- Ensure your mobile is is properly covered for disaster.
- Protect yourself and others from accidental damage.
- Get a specialized coverage plan that fits you and your mobile home.
Start Your Free Quote
Complete the form below to get an online quote from multiple carriers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is mobile home insurance more expensive?
Mobile home insurance may tend to be more expensive because of their reduced ability to withstand incidents like floods and fires. Mobile homes are also at a higher risk for theft and vandalism, so although insuring your mobile home may be pricier, it is an essential investment for your assets.
Is a modular home considered a mobile home?
Yes. Mobile homes and manufactured homes are the same, and both fall under the same mobile home insurance policy.
What is not covered under a mobile home policy?
A mobile home policy has many of the same exclusions as homeowners policies. Major exclusions include flood damage, and the policy not covering your home while it is in transit. Most carriers require that your mobile home is fixed on a solid foundation in order to be insured.
Do I need mobile home insurance?
Mobile home insurance is not required by law, but most mortgage companies and mobile home parks require proof of insurance before working with you.