First off, what is an Independent Insurance Agent?
There are two kinds of insurance agents, Captive Agents and Non-Captive, or Independent Insurance Agents. There is a big difference!
Captive Agents are committed to one insurance carrier, like AllState or State Farm, and are restricted to selling that one company’s product line. They cannot shop around for other opportunities that may better suit consumer needs. To a captive agent, the parent company comes first.
On the other hand, Independent Insurance Agents are open to offering their customers multiple product lines, which may include The Hartford, Safeco, or Travelers. This broader selection offers more resources to find coverage that best suits your personal situation. To an independent agent, the customer comes first.
Consumer Light Bulb Goes On!
Do you trust your finances with someone who is more concerned about their company than with you? Of course not! You will sleep better knowing an Independent Insurance Agent is on your side.
Keep your rates low. You can do a number of things to save money on your ATV insurance, including maintaining a clean driving record, staying free of claims or choosing a less “sporty” ATV. In addition, most insurers offer a discount if you insure more than one vehicle on your policy, or have more than one policy with the company. This could mean additional savings on your car, motorcycle, boat or RV insurance.
An Independent Agent:
1. Is a value hunter – they look for the best combination of price, coverage, and service.
2. Offers one-stop shopping. With one call or visit, you have access to multiple lines of coverage for all your needs. Independent agents vary, but most offer a full range of auto, home, rental, business, life, and flood products.
3. Is committed to customer satisfaction – their livelihood depends on it.
5. Becomes your consultant/advisor for the present and future – helping you to protect your valuable assets.
6. Provides personalized claims service. No need to navigate a phone chain – Your independent agent can contact your insurance carrier directly to help smooth out the claims process.
7. Listens. How better to help determine your needs?
8. Has strong community ties. Look around you – PTA, Rotary, and Chamber of Commerce. Chances are your local insurance agent is right beside you building a stronger community.
How do you locate an Independent Insurance Agent? InsuranceDeals4U.com can connect you to an SIAA Certified Agent within or close to your zip code anywhere in the continental United States.
“The information on this site is general in nature. Any description of coverage is necessarily simplified. Whether a particular loss is covered depends on the specific facts and the provisions, exclusions and limits of the actual policy. Nothing on this site alters the terms or conditions of any policies, nor does it provide any guarantees. You should read your specific policy for a complete description of coverage.”